If you’re in need of new signage for a facility, you don’t have to settle for boring, lackluster displays. Opting for standoff signs is a great way to add a unique, upscale look to any space. And if you only require a very basic sign, chances are you can find exactly what you’re looking for in our e-commerce store!
Why choose Erie Custom Signs for standoff signs
As one of the industry’s leading providers of ADA-compliant signage, we can make sure your standoff-mounted signs meet all the necessary criteria without interfering with your facility’s aesthetic. We strive to stay up to date on all ADA-related news and law revisions, so our customers can have peace of mind. Plus, our in-house design team goes the extra mile to create attractive signage that’s functional and easy to read.
Our new e-commerce store allows you to get standoff-mounted signs quicker and easier than ever before. When you take advantage of our Quick Ship Sign selection, you get faster order processing and even speedier turnaround on your orders. With this new store, our goal is to provide customers with affordable, ADA-compliant signage in a timely manner without having to sacrifice quality.
Need to order custom standoff signs? Click here to request a quote now!
What are standoff signs?
Unlike traditional signage, standoff signs are designed to be mounted with specialized hardware, which consists of a barrel, cap, and wall screw. With this hardware, displays are able to pop out from the wall on which they’re mounted. As a result, standoff signs have an eye-catching, 3-D effect.
There are 2 primary types of standoff signs, which differ in how they’re constructed and installed:
- Through-hole standoff signs are used most often, as they can create an even greater visual impact on signage. With a through-hole standoff sign, holes are drilled directly into the material substrate, so the cap can be screwed into the barrel. With this method, the sign panel is separated from the façade to which it’s attached.
- Edge grip standoff signs, like the name suggests, grip the sign at its edge, eliminating the need to drill any holes. With an edge grip standoff sign, either the hardware or the sign material itself is notched to allow the barrel to fit in and hold the sign in place.
What are the benefits of standoff signage?
- Attractive look: Standoff signage has greater visual appeal than traditional signage, which is important when you want to draw attention to a particular display.
- Sturdiness: Due to how standoff signage is constructed, it’s often sturdier than traditional signs held up with tape or adhesive. There’s much less risk of your display falling and suffering damage when you select this option.
- Affordability: The standoff signage we offer is very reasonably priced. And when you factor in the enhanced look and reliability of standoffs, the overall value surpasses many other options out there.
- Easy mounting: No matter who oversees mounting your signage, they’ll find it easy to do when you opt for standoff signage. In fact, most of the work is done for you, as such signs are fabricated so that the hardware can be easily attached.
Are standoff-mounted signs still ADA compliant?
The short answer is yes—provided, of course, everything else adheres to ADA specifications.
Characteristics such as sign finish, text height, contrast between text and background, and font style must meet ADA requirements to achieve compliance. That’s why it’s so important to work with a sign fabricator that specializes in ADA rules and regulations.
Need a unique design or color scheme? We can customize standoff signage with laser-engraved logos, LED-lit edges, and more!
Examples of our Custom Standoff Signs include: