How Do Signs Impact a Business?
It might not be one of the first things you think about, but the signs you have on your business’s premises can have a big effect on the way people see your company. First impressions are extremely important, and having high-quality custom signs can help you establish the strong first impression you need to get a customer experience started off on the right foot.
Here are a few ways the signs you use could affect your business:
- Bolstering your brand. When designed and used well, signs can reinforce your brand image. People who drive or walk by your business might not necessarily need your products or services that day, but simply being constantly exposed to your brand image with exterior signs can keep your business in the forefront of their minds. Even inside the building, having uniformly designed signs can help you to present a consistent brand image. This means consistent colors, logos, slogans, fonts and more.
- Getting attention. Signs that are strategically placed in prominent spots can help you draw attention to your business. Some studies have shown that as many as 45 percent of customers who do visit a business for the first time do so because they were drawn in by a sign.
- Promotion. For interior signs especially, you can convey a lot of important information that customers might otherwise miss out on. This is especially important when you have special sales or promotions going on.
- Directions and information. If you have a larger facility, like a mall, a school, a hospital or a stadium, having signs throughout your building can make it much easier for your patrons to figure out where they need to go to reach their destination. Without informational signs, their visit to your premises would get extremely frustrating very quickly.
- ADA compliance. You need your signs to meet certain standards to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Without meeting these standards, you could be subject to a variety of penalties, including some hefty fines.
So believe it or not, signs do have a big impact on how people perceive your business. Get high-quality custom ADA compliant signs from Erie Custom Signs today!