Current Trends in the World of Interior Signage
Signage design, like any other form of design, is constantly seeing changes and evolution in industry and design trends. Here are a few of the most prominent trends in interior signage in 2017:
- More creative braille design: In most previous years, braille signage almost always used the same boring, static designs featuring white tactile lettering on top of black acrylic. As ADA compliance becomes more of a focus in the signage world and more companies begin specializing in ADA compliant signage, there has been much more creativity injected into the realm of braille signage designs. While there are very strict requirements regarding layout, font size and other elements, there are now many more choices for color, material and shape.
- Interior signage as a branding opportunity: There has always been some element of companies wanting to maintain consistency with the colors and look of their interior signage, but only within the last few years have companies really looked at interior signage as a branding opportunity in its own right. That's why creating displays that reinforce a company's branding has become one of the most popular trends in interior signage.
- Replaceable name inserts: With a constantly shifting workforce a reality of today’s business world, companies don’t want to have to purchase entirely new signs every time a person is hired to replace a recently departed employee. This makes replaceable name insert signs a hot seller in today’s industry, as all companies need to do is swap out the name insert while keeping the entire rest of the sign in place.
- Frosted acrylic: Frost is one of the biggest design trends that currently exists in the world of signage. Tactile on frosted acrylic signage is perhaps the hottest design trend of all right now. The text on frosted acrylic would otherwise be to hard to read if engraved, and vinyl lettering simply does not have the same type of dimension that tactile does.
- Digital signage: In an increasingly digital world, it makes sense that digital interior signage is also rapidly becoming a more popular tool for companies of all industries. Digital signage is beginning to become a fixture in hotels, retail centers, conference centers, hospitals and more. Its primary advantage is its ability to be rapidly updated, but it also is extremely eye-catching.
For more information about the current signage trends and how we can help you stay ahead of the curve with your signage designs, contact us today at Erie Custom Signs.