Sign Manufacturing Equipment & Capabilities
Enjoy Quality Signs Made Quickly & Efficiently
At Erie Custom Signs, we strive to produce high-quality interior signage in a timely and efficient manner. We know how important it is to meet project deadlines to everyone’s satisfaction. That’s why we’ve invested in top-of-the-line sign manufacturing equipment to ensure our team gets the job done right and fast.
Chances are, you have specific design requirements or in-hand dates for your order. In that case, make sure to provide those during the quoting step of our sign-ordering process. And if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to ask!
By ordering from Erie Custom Signs, you can trust we’ll deliver the signage you need when you need it.
What Sign Manufacturing Equipment We Use
Acquiring and maintaining the specialized fabrication equipment needed to produce ADA signage isn’t always easy for general sign shops. That’s why we’re here! We aim to stay up to date with the latest technology to keep our turnarounds fast and our clients and partners happy.
Our in-house sign manufacturing equipment includes the following:
- Vision CNC Routers & Engravers
- Universal Laser System CO2 laser
- MUTOH UV-LED Flatbed Printer
- And more
Each piece of equipment has been carefully chosen based on its ability to streamline the sign-making process.
A Look at Our Sign Manufacturing Capabilities
Erie Custom Signs is known for its manufacturing capabilities. We’re able to work with companies and organizations of all types and sizes to meet ADA compliance standards in signage. In short, our capabilities allow us to produce better signs more efficiently.
Here are some of the proven techniques we apply for sign manufacturing…
Direct-to-substrate UV printing has become the industry standard. With this method, images and text are printed directly on the material substrate. The latest iteration takes the process a step further, layering the ink to create text, graphics, and even braille so that they’re ADA compliant.
A few benefits of UV direct printing include the following:
- It eliminates the need for secondary coverings for cost savings.
- It delivers more vivid color and sharper text for greater visibility.
- It’s a faster process that helps speed up production times.
CO2 Laser Cutting
CO2 laser cutting isn’t a new method by any means; in fact, it has been around for decades. However, it remains a popular and effective technique in sign manufacturing. By using a CO2 laser for cutting signage materials, we’re able to make more accurate cuts to materials.
Here are some reasons we count on CO2 laser cutting:
- It gives signs a smoother, more polished edge.
- It can cut various materials quickly and easily.
- There’s no risk of material warping due to clamping.
The Raster™ Braille method is frequently used to create ADA-compliant braille for signage. It’s a subtractive process that involves drilling holes in the material substrate and inserting plastic beads. Along with specialized equipment such as an engraver, this method requires a license from Accent Signage System.
Some advantages of Raster™ Braille are as follows:
- It’s versatile and can be used with various materials.
- It ensures the finished signage will be 100% ADA compliant.
- It delivers a clean, uniform appearance for signs.
CNC routing is commonly used in sign manufacturing for cutting and shaping materials. This technique allows us to automate the cutting process by using specialized software. As a result, materials are sheared to our exact specifications.
Here are some benefits of using CNC routing:
- It results in less material waste than other methods.
- It decreases the risk of errors and improves quality.
- It requires less time and labor for lower costs.